WOOD & SYNTHETIC stocks without an aluminum bedding block have a torque specification of 35-inch pounds. Please note, however, that you should tighten the rear screw first and then the front screw.
HAND-LAID FIBERGLASS (composite) stock with Aluminum Bedding Block, the torque specification is 55-inch pounds.
CARBON FIBER (carbon fiber) stock with Aluminum Pillars, the torque specification is 55-inch pounds.
The correct assembly procedure is:
- Tighten the rear trigger guard screw first to 35-inch pounds.
- Align the barrel to the center of the barrel channel in the forestock.
- Tighten the front trigger guard screw to 35-inch pounds.
- Tighten the rear screw to 55-inch pounds.
- Finally, tighten the front trigger guard screw to 55-inch pounds.
Applying this method, using a torque screwdriver of the proper size, will insure the proper fit between the receiver, and custom aluminum bedding block, as well as the proper positioning of the barrel in the barrel channel.