The Vanguard® trigger assembly has one adjustment screw. The adjusting screw on the front of the trigger assembly adjusts for the weight of the trigger pull, and is for your use.
Do not attempt to adjust sear engagement, make any adjustments other than as described below, or modify the trigger assembly in any way. Improper adjustment or modification of any firearm trigger assembly can result in the firearm discharging prematurely due to “hair trigger”, minor bumps or movement, possibly resulting in serious injury or death.
The trigger assembly has been set at the factory for the weight of trigger pull appropriate for most shooters. If you require a heavier or lighter weight of trigger pull, adjust as follows:
1. Unload the rifle, remembering to VISUALLY CHECK THE CHAMBER AND THE MAGAZINE TO BE CERTAIN THERE ARE NO CARTRIDGES IN THE RIFLE.
2. Remove the trigger guard and stock
3. Loosen the lock nut on the front adjusting screw.
4. To increase weight of the trigger pull, with a screw driver of proper size turn the front adjusting
screw clockwise (when viewed from the front) until desired weight of trigger pull is established. To decrease the weight of trigger pull, with a screw driver of proper size turn the front adjusting screw counter-clockwise (when viewing from the front) until desired weight of trigger pull is established.
5. Tighten the lock nut on front adjusting screw securely.
6. Replace stock and trigger guard assembly (refer to Reassembly of Vanguard® Rifle, steps 3 thru 9 page 11).
NOTE: For safety reasons, weight of trigger pull cannot be adjusted below approximately 2-1/2