TWO YEAR + ORIGINAL PURCHASER
Weatherby Guarantees SUB-MOA Accuracy within Two Years of Verified Purchase Date to Original Purchaser.
All Weatherby® Mark V® rifles and Vanguard® Series 2 rifles are guaranteed to shoot a .99″ or better 3-shot group at 100 yards from a cold barrel using premium (non-Weatherby calibers) or Weatherby factory ammunition. Even with modern manufacturing, every rifle barrel is unique and may exhibit a preference for certain types and grain weights of bullet over others. As a result, accuracy testing needs to be performed with a variety of loads to identify the ammunition that a particular rifle shoots best. Together, the Weatherby system (premium ammunition and rifle) forms the flattest shooting, hardest hitting, most accurate combination in the industry today.
If you are experiencing accuracy problems, then please follow the subsequent steps to either correct or identify the issue.
- BREAK-IN: Confirm that firearm has completed suggested break-in procedure and proper maintenance. Improper use or owner modifications to the firearm voids the guarantee and warranty.
- ACTION SCREWS: Confirm that these screws are tight. Hand-laid Fiberglass & Carbon Fiber stocks, verify that the screws are torqued to 55 inch-lbs, while Wood and Synthetic stocks should be torqued to 35 inch-lbs. (See attachment for torquing procedures)
- SCOPE MOUNTS: Use a quality set of scope mounts, and verify that they have been securely mounted to the firearm.
- SCOPE: Use a quality, tested scope, and verify that it is securely mounted to the firearm.
- AMMUNITION: Test fire the rifle using a variety of premium or Weatherby factory ammunition. Note that all rifle barrels have different preferences for bullets, meaning a particular rifle may shoot incredibly well with one bullet while it may not agree with another. Finding the right bullet for your barrel is the key to understanding the accuracy potential of your rifle.
- CROWN: Verify that the barrel’s crown is free of any dings, gouges or large scratches.
- CLEAN BARREL: Use a trusted copper solvent, such as Sweet’s 7.62, to thorough clean the bore (follow manufacturers instructions for any brand used).
WARNING: MODIFICATION OF THE ORIGINAL BARREL OR FACTORY STOCK BEDDING WILL VOID THE ACCURACY GUARANTEE.
If all of the preceding components have been checked, and are known to be working properly, then please call the Weatherby Customer Service Department at 1-307-675-7840 for an RMA number.
NOTE: WEATHERBY WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY FIREARMS WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL. PLEASE CALL FOR AN RMA NUMBER.
NOTE: ALL FIREARMS MUST HAVE OPTICS AND MOUNTS REMOVED PRIOR TO RECEIPT, OR THE SENDER WILL BE SUBJECT TO A SCOPE REMOVAL AND REMOUNT FEE OF $65.
Our gunsmiths will perform a safety and function check, adjust the trigger for weight and creep (if necessary), clean the bore (if necessary), and check the stock for proper fit. Once these areas have been checked, then the gun will be test-fired for Accuracy in our state-of-the-art shooting range, using the Oehler 83 Ballistic Imaging System. If the firearm does not meet factory specifications for accuracy due to a defect in workmanship or materials, then the gun will be repaired or replaced under warranty. However, if the accuracy issues are found to have been caused outside of Weatherby’s control, or if the gun is found to shoot within factory specifications, the $200 range fee will be applied.